Get your Student Certificate
Student pilot certificates are an important step in the process of becoming a certified sport pilot. Although a student pilot certificate is not necessary to start your flight lessons, it is required prior to soloing in a light-sport aircraft.
To be eligible for a student sport pilot certificate, you must:
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age (14 for glider).
- Be able to read, write, and understand the English language.
- Have a valid photo ID to verify your identity.
- Complete FAA Form 8710-11.
Student sport pilot certificates are issued by:
- The local FAA Flight Standards District Office (FSDO).
- Designated Pilot Examiners (DPE) or Sport Pilot Examiners (SPE).
Choosing a Flight Instructor |
Find a Flight Instructor |
Get your Student Certificate |
Knowledge Test |
Find a Testing Center |
Practical Test Standards |
Find an Examiner